I have noticed that there must be something wrong with my fuel gauge, no matter how much gas I put in it always goes goes low very quick to the point it reads low fuel. I asked around from the mechanics they advised that it could be a sending unit, unfortunately I was also told that this is bought as a unit with th the fuel pump. Please advice as this is expensive 

2 hours ago, Memme said:

I have noticed that there must be something wrong with my fuel gauge, no matter how much gas I put in it always goes goes low very quick to the point it reads low fuel. I asked around from the mechanics they advised that it could be a sending unit, unfortunately I was also told that this is bought as a unit with th the fuel pump. Please advice as this is expensive 

Your member info shows you in Africa. What specifications are your Journey besides being a 2014 model year? Is the fuel tank accepting a full fill up and then gage goes low yet refill does not take a lot? OR are you actually getting poor fuel economy?

But YES the sender is part of the fuel pump and sold as an assembly.

2 hours ago, Memme said:

Thanks, the journey is 3.6l RT.  The gauge is erratic and I have only filled it up to half tank  ever since this problem.

why are you only filling it up to half full? if not wanting to spend the money to fix it just go by your mileage as a  gage to determine when needing gas, 20 gals times what ever your average mpg is would be easy to keep track of till you  get it fixed....avg price in the states is around $160 for the unit plus install, if that is the problem