Bluetooth keeps dropping out (no sound)

I just picked a 2014 dodge journey. when I got it home I was trying to connect my phone to Bluetooth. when I went to the setting menu and click on phone/Bluetooth nothing would happen(no options to add a new device) after a bit of looking around on the net I tried a couple of solutions, tried a soft reset still the same problem. I tried to get in to the hidden menu  to do a hard reset, but that would not work (pressing temp up and temp down  on drivers side, any ideas on how to get into the menu) then I came across pulling fuse 128 and 131. that worked I was able to pair my phone but now when I try to make a hands free call I cant hear anything and I cant be heard. When I try to play music the Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and reconnecting  and a intermittent static noise comes from the speakers. I tried two different phones. would my phone be to new for the 2014 journey or does it sound like a bad bt module any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  

My wife has a 2014 for a few years now. The Bluetooth can be querky at times. There is an iPhone 8 and an LG Android one paired and functional right now. Maybe newer Bluetooth 5 device might need update applied, not sure.

Here is a link for a site with free unconnect software updates, you need a blank 4G jump drive.  Try and pair older phone and if it won’t pair, probably blue tooth module. They have been know to fail, good luck.

https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

Edited by John/Horace