Adding Factory Heated Seats and Steering Wheel

elstm3

I just finished adding oem heated seats and a heated steering wheel to our 17 Journey. I used a set of Salvage yard seats from a 2013 Journey RT for the heated seat module, seat wiring harness and heated seat pads. while in the salvage yard i took pictures of the wiring harness to see if ours was factory wired for the options.

The first 2 pictures are of the salvage yard wiring harness from the 13 RT drivers seat, the 3rd is for the heated steering wheel, the blue plug goes into the back of the clock spring. The clock spring is different for a heated steering whee, it has 2 extra wires with a white connector on the front of the clock spring and a plug on the top right for the blue connector on the back. I sourced a clock spring from a salvage yard in Canada.

After installing all of the hardware i used my alphaobd to enable the settings in the bcm for the heated seats and steering wheel.

the settings i changed were:

ecu config 3: front heated seats

ecu config 3: heated steering wheel

ecu config 4: heated seats present

memory: heated steering wheel present

cabin net: HSM heated seat module

after making the changes and shutting the car down and restarting the menu changed and was updated and the heated seats and wheel were working through the 8.4 touch screen.

i also added the srt pages to the radio.

20211027_120000_resized.jpg

20211027_120005_resized.jpg

20211027_120010_resized.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

• 4 weeks later...