DTE way wrong

ov10mech

2012 Journey Crew AWD 6cyl.   96k  Runs great.    All of the sudden the DTE is way off.   Even after a reset shows 177 DTE even on full tank.  This started happening right after front left speed sensor was swapped out.. dont know if that has anything to do with it.  What could this be?

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-28 at 3.40.11 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-28 at 3.06.47 PM.jpeg

Sounds to me like the float or wiring for one side of the divided fuel tank has a problem. Takes some involving diagnosis to find the cause. I doubt the front speed sensor has anything to do with the problem.

Keep us posted as to how you "work this out".

Thanks for the response.   To be clear, the fuel gage is working properly and going down correctly as the real fuel is burned down.   The manually calculated mileage is around 14MPG.   My wife only uses it for local school and grocery pickup, so a lot of start and stop city driving.  

That's a lot of city driving! One thing I noticed when we got our Journey a year ago, was similar DTE readings, UNTIL we started DRIVING it more distances than "puddle jumping" and stop and go driving. The trip computer even on EVIC reset remembers past usage. Our's has come up to around 385 DTE on full fill up. 14 mpg actual (manual math) seems quite low for your area, even in all city driving. We up in the big hills around Buffalo, NY average 21-23mpg on 30 mile one way drives(not all interstate, but not "stop and go").