The alarm horn 2010 dodge journey sxt

Sorry for your somewhat common complaint. I don't really know as there is a way to disable the system. BUT a high level scanner that can check/test BCM controlled functions should point to the cause. A 12 year old vehicle and probably a worn door latch or hatch latch as they are where sensors are located that would trigger the alarm. Particularly sitting or driving and vibrations breaking a contact thus setting off the horn alarm. These are not a quick and easy parts swap to track down and fix the problem  type situations. AND then there is the possibility of the steering wheels clock spring going bad as another possible cause.

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My 2017 SXT 2.4 Dodge Journey started to activate the horn alarm suddenly, with no reason. I was checking all the doors and find out that the problem was with the under-hood switch/security alarm switch/05026211aa switch, named as Mopar part # 5026211AA.

This switch is located on the front left corner once you pop up the hood, and it is wired to the Security Alarm System to indicate that the hood is open.

Check it, replace it. You can also by-pass it by wiring it with a 1000 ohm resistor. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 9:23 AM, 5rebel9 said:

Sorry for your somewhat common complaint. I don't really know as there is a way to disable the system. BUT a high level scanner that can check/test BCM controlled functions should point to the cause. A 12 year old vehicle and probably a worn door latch or hatch latch as they are where sensors are located that would trigger the alarm. Particularly sitting or driving and vibrations breaking a contact thus setting off the horn alarm. These are not a quick and easy parts swap to track down and fix the problem  type situations. AND then there is the possibility of the steering wheels clock spring going bad as another possible cause.

Good Luck!

My alarm doesn't work and the 2 left doors will not turn on interior lighting. My horn randomly goes off honking spastically, sitting still or while driving. I've tried turning the steering wheel to see if that made a difference, no change, I have to pull the fuses. As there is no horn relay, I assume that the alarm module may be bad. Where is the alarm module located?