Grumble with brakes

I just put new rotors and pads on my 09 journey this weekend. Rotors in the real are solid just like they were, the fronts are vented just like they were. The pad ARE NOT ceramic, just regular. Now when i apply them there is a grumble that occurs twice during the braking. Does anyone know what is going on? If I need to replace the pads I want to do it now before the wear into the rotors. :jackinbox:

I just put new rotors and pads on my 09 journey this weekend. Rotors in the real are solid just like they were, the fronts are vented just like they were. The pad ARE NOT ceramic, just regular. Now when i apply them there is a grumble that occurs twice during the braking. Does anyone know what is going on? If I need to replace the pads I want to do it now before the wear into the rotors. :jackinbox:

did you put them on yourself?if so how ?meaning was thier break cleaner involved?

I had a similiar problem when I replaced my front pads. There was a grumbling, rubbing noise and the shop couldn't figure out what was causing it. It finally came down to replacing the pads again. Turns out there was a crack from the top of the pad(about half inch). I took them back and put a new set on, hasn't been a noise yet.

I had a similiar problem when I replaced my front pads. There was a grumbling, rubbing noise and the shop couldn't figure out what was causing it. It finally came down to replacing the pads again. Turns out there was a crack from the top of the pad(about half inch). I took them back and put a new set on, hasn't been a noise yet.

I will check them, thanks... I thought it may have had something to do with the calipers in the rear since you have to screw the pistons down, unlike the fronts. Thanks again...