No in floor storage, can I add it?

JT Monsman

That is really weird.  Apparently they just left out the trap door itself.  Wonder what's under the carpet, if it is solid floor across that area, or if there is some sort of metal cover.  Are there any screws visible around the perimeter from underneath?

I just took a look under our 09, and those storage bins are a part of the main floor.  That is, they were stamped as a part of the floor.  So the plate or what ever closes that up on the top side is either screwed, glued, or spot welded in place.  The reason it seems so crazy that they left it out is that our Journey is probably the most stripped down version available - no third row seat, no cruise, no remote door locks, etc.  If they still built cars with window winders and manual locks, I reckon it would have been built that way.  (Would have suit me just fine, prefer it, actually, but my wife would not have wanted the car.)

Edited by Neto

3 hours ago, JT Monsman said:

Thanks all for the input! I work crazy hours, have a three year old and a three month old!, and won’t have time to get under that carpet for a few more days! I will keep you posted!!!! 

I apologize for the jab.  (There are actually a lot of people who join, make one post, then are never heard from again.  We do actually want to hear how this turns out for you - what you find under that carpet.)

Best wishes to you as you raise your children.  Enjoy them - they are too soon gone.  (Then you have to wait for grandchildren, the next great pleasure.  I am 65, and only have two grandchildren, both boys, the oldest is 8 years old, & the youngest is around 6 weeks old.)

No worries, didn’t take it as a slight. I’ve been lurking in this page since I bought my car and actually noticed that trend. People disappearing after asking a question. I feel like I’ll be around for at least 10 years. Then who knows what car I’ll be in! I’ll be sure to post once I start getting it sorted out!