MyGIG /w NAV-UConnect-RES Radio & iPod Integration

I have a 2010 SXT 2.0 CRD Journey with a MyGig system with navigation and a RES radio.

However, I do not have the ability to connect my iPod to the system such that:

1) I get adequate sound and

2) that I can control the iPod via the radio control buttons on the steering wheel.

Connecting the iPod via the AUX outlet in the dashboard renders a faint sound when both the iPod volume as well as the MyGIg volume are set at max.

Having read other postings, I have looked for a socket of sorts in the upper and lower glove compartments but have not found any.

My dealer says he's not sure what parts are required as Chrysler (Netherlands) can't seem to figure it out; they have actually recommended the usage of the AUX outlet.

Is there any one who can advise on which (Mopar) parts to order in order to fully integrate the iPod with the MyGig? I'd much appreciate it. Right now I'm a bit peeved because I understood from the brochures that hooking up your iPod to the system was a cinch... NOT.... and which was one of the reasons I found the MyGig attractive.

Thanks

Hi, a UK Journey owner here, i'm afraid the Euro zone Chrysler HQ's are useless and so are most dealers ( im fortunate enough that i have areally ace dealers) but hey

right your problems can be solved using the following part Mopar part number ...82210848AB

and a quote from the parts list

" iPod Interface Kit allows you to play your iPod music files directly through your vehicle`s audio system. Simply plug your iPod into the custom cable. You control your music selection through your iPod control wheel.

FM modulated iPod Interface. Volume and tone operated through the radio, all other menu controls are selected using the iPod

this kit is a euro stocked part and takes about a week!!

hope this helps

Hi, a UK Journey owner here, i'm afraid the Euro zone Chrysler HQ's are useless and so are most dealers ( im fortunate enough that i have areally ace dealers) but hey

right your problems can be solved using the following part Mopar part number ...82210848AB

and a quote from the parts list

" iPod Interface Kit allows you to play your iPod music files directly through your vehicle`s audio system. Simply plug your iPod into the custom cable. You control your music selection through your iPod control wheel.

FM modulated iPod Interface. Volume and tone operated through the radio, all other menu controls are selected using the iPod

this kit is a euro stocked part and takes about a week!!

hope this helps

The experiences are not good with this (FM modulated) solution. I had a system like that in a Chrysler Voyager (Town & Country) and it was a pain. As you drove to various radio domains you needed to find an empty slot on the FM band... finally you just give up.

Is there a difference between US Dodge Journeys fitted with a Navigation-U Connect-Bluetooth-REX Radio system and European Dodge Journeys fitted with the same system?

I've contacted Mopar but get a "[Mopar] Technical Support advised that your vehicle was built for sale outside of the United States. Unfortunately, our Technical Support Department advised that we can not guarantee the parts available in our inventory are compatible with vehicles built for export. The items in our inventory were not tested by Product Development for compatibility with export vehicles." After nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

To get iPod support, you need the HFM module. That is the box that talks to the iPod with the non-navi Chrysler radios. You also get hands free Bluetooth phone capability (but not streaming Bluetooth audio). Unfortunately, you need the dealer to install this because they need to change the vehicle configuration so the radio knows the HFM is installed.

I don’t know if this goes for European models to? ordering options today for my factory build I was told that ipod connectivity was not an option with the navigation package for what ever reason, even came up on screen when configuring the vehicle, ill stick with the My Gig and ask the wife to read the maps…lol

• 3 weeks later...

There has been no mention of iPod integration with REU models. Does anyone know if the integration kit will work with those? (REU is 2009 MyGig 20gb, uConnect, nav, rear view camera etc) My only option at this point is the aux input on the front and this is basically useless. Seems that a unit with all of the features this one has a simple iPod connection would have been included.