The best upgrade

JhamB

So everyone I just had to buy my first set of tires for the Journey! The good old factory Nexens did survive 20,000 miles which isn’t bad for what I’ve experienced with tires. 

since I drive around 34,000 miles a year I decided to go with the Michelin Defender LTX. I have had good luck with Michelin’s in the past so thought why not give them a shot. Boy, what an upgrade! I won’t say it makes the a huge difference in handling and ride but it is noticeable! 

the handling definitely more responsive and it grips the road a lot better. Not saying it’ll solve all the Journeys problems but I definitely like it just a little more! 

On 6/16/2021 at 4:59 PM, Locosiete said:

I can say from personal experience a good set of tires does make a difference. Some definitely do better in certain weather. 

But you have to be fair you are not comparing your new tires to your old worn out tires. 

Oh 100%. I liked the Nexens but even compared to them at new I think Michelin’s have improved its performance a bit 

7E67F41D-A79F-4EBB-B160-341CB915D5E5.jpeg