Greetings

volkner10

Hello, my name is Toby and I'm a newly registered member here. My dad used to own the Dodge Journey but I acquired it from him when he decided to get a current Dodge Ram 3500. It wasn't my first choice but I was able to save more than buying a brand new car. I was able to help my dad from the hassle of selling the car and getting additional money to buy the truck.  I'm planning to make an upgrade soon and I'm looking for a setup that I could follow. 

Welcome to forum. Knowing the previous owner with vehicles and the service that was done is always very useful.

If you have the 3.6 there is not much you can do to engine, it’s already fairly powerful. Post year, mileage, engine and model when asking for repair or mod advice.

welcome to the forum. 
Although we all drive the Journey, It's no secret the Dodge Journey isn't the world's coolest car.
It does get a much worse wrap than it deserves. All in all, it's a totally average crossover SUV that doesn't excel or fail in any category in particular. What some people don't understand is it's OK for a car to be average and underwhelming- as as you've already learned, having the reputation of being "bland" and "mediocore" means one thing:

a inexpensive crossover! you'll be challenged to find a similar car for comfort, reliability and style at this price point and mileage that isn't just a total poop-box. 

anyway,

the biggest shortcoming of this car is the 4cyl engine, and it's 4-speed auto.  If you have the 3.L v6 you're all good. 280hp is a fairly big number for crossover, especially compared to the modern turbo engines in most competitor cars.

When you mean upgrades, you're thinking making it better a car? pretty much nothing to do but keep it running with basic maintainance.  Some pseudo upgrades like cold air intakes are possible, but anyone with a set of eyes will see the stock airbox pulls hold air in anyway.

If you want to, check of other FCA products too, as many methodology are shared between the journey and Charger and Challenger. assuming only talking about the same engine.

I added a trailer hitch and wiring harness to mine. The Journey isn't rated to tow much, but it's been the best modification (if not only) I've done.

• 2 weeks later...