Keeping it clean!

JhamB

Hey everyone! 

I thought I would share the products I use to keep the old trash wagon looking it’s best. I thought this might be helpful for anyone trying to keep their Journey looking good and keeping it easier to clean! 

let’s start with the outside, 

so I have a wash club membership at our local car wash so most of what I do is after I run it through the car wash but I typically to a rinse before I go in since I live on a dirt road (and I don’t want the dirt rubbed around on my paint!) so needless to say I wash the Journey once a week. 

after I have washed the Journey. I start with the Meguiar’s Quick Detail which helps remove anything left on the car after the wash and gets it ready for the next step! I use just a regular microfiber towel to apply this and it really gives it a pretty smooth feel just after this step. 

the next step is to apply the Meguiars Quick Wax. Since I have to park outside and I’m washing the car frequently I started doing this every wash just to restore the wax finish I keep washing off. It’s applied with a microfiber towel as well. At this point the Journey looks showroom ready and I feel like an idiot spending this much time keeping it clean some days??. 

then the glass! I use the Rainx cleaner inside and out on all the windows. It works great and it doesn’t take a lot of cleaner to clean them all. 

for the wheels I also use both of the products above since they’re just black painted wheels. I also use the all wheel cleaner as well before it goes through the wash. 

I usually just try to dry dust the dash with a microfiber towel but if I am wanting a little extra shine I use the Meguiars Supreme Shine. It gives it a more shiny appearance but doesn’t give it a waxy build up like Armor All does. 

What products do you all use on your Journey? 

FA5DC228-9327-47D5-A005-426DF8694F1B.thumb.jpeg.2d6ae42722da68b8f6bb65db673a6a0e.jpeg

5 hours ago, Locosiete said:

Off chance do you work for Maguires? Just saying that looks like a ad pic if I've ever seen one ???

I don’t ?. I just like their quick cleaners! I still use Mother’s and Black Magic a lot too

On 5/3/2021 at 10:59 AM, Locosiete said:

Trust me when I say that was not meant to be a negative. Great photos!

You’re good! I 100% took it as a compliment.