crank sensor and misfire problems

Bryan

hello i have a 2010 journey that out of the blue through a crank sensor code and started misfiring.changed the crank sensor twice and put new plugs in. but it still wont run right.did a hard reset on the computer last night but it still through a code crank unlearned variation.it wont stay running on all cylinders to do a relearn cycle. im at a loss could it possibly be the computer.

Normally a very dependable motor. That said with flashing CEL did you also try and pull codes from the computer? 

Being a VVT motor there could be a problem with that system making timing not correlate with other sensor inputs to the computer. Yet more questions for you...how many miles on it and what kind of maint has been done in the recent past  to the engine? There are many possibilities as to just what may be the cause to your particular concern, but background info offered is very thin to go into specific suggestions.

it has 155000 on it.iv had it for two years and no major problems replaced the starter and air filter, flushed the coolant  system. it through this crankshaft fault over the summer.replaced the sensor and that fixed the problem. it through the same code last week. so i replaced the sensor with  a duralast sensor. it still through the same code.so i picked up a second sensor vvt the second time still didn't fix it pulled the codes again and its crankshaft sensor unlearned variation. and a random misfire code. oil changes every 5 thousand. 

Edited by Bryan

Bryan, Have you been able to check for a possible wiring issue? With the problem route you described I would check it. I'm not sure what the reading are supposed to be but someone here might be able to give the info. It could be that you have a corroded wire, slipped pin in a connector, something along those lines. It's worth a check.

Also, possibly check for a big vacuum leak.

Edited by Parz1val