Hi guys, newbie here on the forum. I am sorry if You had post like this but I could not find one, with my problem.

So I own Dodge Journey 2009.diesel model. bought it in 2017 used.

After driving it for the first week I noticed that my speed is not showing correctly, I was driving a lot slower than others, although my speedo was showing that I am doing the same. So I had my wife go in front with her car and the results where shocking when she was driving 50km/h my speedo showed 30km/h, when she was driving 70km/h -i got only 50km/h, when she was doing 90km/h i had 70km/h on my dials.

So the clocks was doing 20km/h wrong. then I noticed that my mileage was showing up wrong when I drove 100km on the clocks it showed me I done only 60km. so that's when I realized the seller did tamper with the speedometer to bring down the mileage, and he must have damaged the speedometer. because when I plugged in the OBD tool it was showing me the correct speed.

Than I decided to purchase a new speedometer  from totaled car.  I put his speedometer in and it showed the correct speed and even better it showed witch door is open with car symbol. on my clocks it just said door open. but the sad part was i was not able to control my uconnect system. so he said well You have to take steering wheel to because they work together. 

My old steering wheel was with controls  on the back, but his came with controls on the front as well. so I ended up buying the steering wheel and the speedo too.

But having put all this on my car I was still not able to use steering wheel because I thought it needs to be programmed, whet I took it to the car dealer to program it, he told me that it doesn't need programming it should automatically detect what I have. instead the wiring is a bit wrong.

Because on my old system from steering wheel I have couple more wires going to speedo than with the new steering wheel.

This one is from the carwith evic speedo

IMG-20200525-WA0002.thumb.jpg.9bb87c479af1781eb824a53205706e93.jpg

This one is from my car. as You can see my car have more wires going into speedo IMG_20200526_130134.thumb.jpg.9c4ec5acc8f59140d04aeccb68516f50.jpg

IMG_20200526_130140.thumb.jpg.bc88986d3f430f071ddef8534453d96c.jpgl

Looking at the numbers from 1 to 20 

everything is identical color wise until You get to Nr. 5 extra wire and Nr. 15 and Nr. 16. Extra wires so in my old system I have 3 more wires going into speedo than in EVIC system.

So the question here is do I have to correct only the wiring or there is something else I am missing in having the EVIC in my car working.

Thank You Pro's.

first off Welcome to the group,second i am sure some will chime in maybe with some help as i know nothing about this stuff. and also in the states we dont have diesel but with this problem that shouldnt matter, hope you will be able to resolve your problem without to much trouble and hope you get yrs of service from your journey as well,stay safe and well