2015 SXT Passenger Front Clunking Noise

jkhawk60

Front end would make a creaking noise while going over speed bumps, etc. So, I changed both front struts, sway bar links (had to cut those out, fun), new slotted and drilled brake rotors and pads all four corners (brakes nicely now), flushed brake fluid, since I was in there anyway. Now, there is a audible clunk from passenger side front when going over sharper bumps in rapid succession. Have checked every bolt and connection I can think of on all four corners. Everything seems tight. Checked lug nuts for correct torque also. On the plus side, creaking is gone..lol.
Changed sway bar bushings and clunk is still there... Checked sway bar links to ensure they weren't moving around at their mounting points either, and they don't appear to be..no shiny spots or rub marks..

• 2 weeks later...

If all bolts are tight, and all joints are well lubed without freeplay... I can't think of anything else. The spring can sometimes rotate a little in the top hat while turning. Perhaps that?

Just to rule out the possibility, have your wheel alignment checked/corrected.

Or else, check the cradle mounts. Or the cradle itself. As long as all the welds are good, and cracks anywhere else, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• 2 years later...