2010 SXT AWD SINGLE ZONE HEAT ON DRIVER SIDE COLD AIR ON PASSENGER SIDE

Reb78

No heat on passenger side of my 2010 SXT. Checked the actuators they are working. Replaced the heater core, no change. Manually closed the blend door with the actuator removed, still no heat on the passenger side. Looking for suggestions.

If indeed you have a single zone front heat and not the separated front heat. I would think that manually closing the blend door(or opening it would also change the drivers side heat level, something you did not post of observing. 

IF your front heat is changeable for pass. side from drivers side, there should be another actuator and door that you've missed for the pass. side. I've also read on another Chy. forum of the rod in the HVAC box to the affected door coming apart so that actuator or manual movement does not function even though those parts move.

I'm new to the DJ line but not Dodge/Chry., maybe a bit more "clarification on just what you've got would be helpful as I know some folks say single zone meaning just front heat and not rear heat(a separate system) and others saying dual zone meaning driver and pass. side separately adjustable. 

Well, definitely different dash layout from our "new to us" '11 model that has seperate driver/pass heat controls thru the audio screen that your's does not seem to have. 

Don't know if possible you have air entrapped in the heater core, as you didn't mention that this was immediately after hooking all back up from the heater core change. But from all you've posted, that's about the only thing I can think of. When you manually moved the blend door, did temps on drivers side change?

That’s the only thing I can think of too. It started when I had a leak in the overflow tank. Replaced it, burped it... no change. Replaced heater core, burped it... little to no change...pulled both actuators, both work and no visible breaks. Closing the door manually still had cooler air on the passenger side. I’m at a loss... maybe have to try burping it again. as I’ve been reading these are notorious for trapped air. 

• 2 months later...

***********UPDATE***************

After many hours of troubleshooting this is what I found:

1. the radiator cap had failed. I could hear a rattling noise that was coming from the passenger side. Couldn't pin point it until I did a pressure check on the cap. Replaced and the car started to heat up inside, but would still drop off when driving.
  2. The thermostat also had failed, even the new one that I had replaced failed. After installing a second thermostat the heat was there.... Although not as hot as it should be on the passenger side, but not blowing cold air anymore either. May look at doing the heater core again, but at this time in the middle of winter, I think I can live with the heat I now have.