hi, all

2012 DJ R/T with factory backup camera.

i bought an android head unit coming with canbus, it should be plug and play, but the reverse signal wire coming out of the canbus doesn't work, when shifting in reverse, the camera screen doesn't show up. i tried to connect the ACC, it comes on but of course stays always whichever shift it is. so i need to find the nearest reverse trigger wire around the radio. I don't want to run the wiring from the tail light. please help where and which pin it's the nearest one.

thanks a lot.

Edited by jonas

On 2020/11/7 at 5:14 AM, Locosiete said:

I have a aftermarket and for that i tapped into the reverse light so it automatically comes on when put in reverse for the trigger and for the power the 12 volt plug in rear in case i want to look behind me when not in reverse like to see how close the jerk is behind me at a light lol.

Not positive but should be able to use fuse tap at the fuse box. Easy to confirm if only has power when in reverse. Here is a quick video how to get to it. Worth a look.

Hi you have aftermarket radio +factory camera or both are aftermarket? Do it come with a canbus box with "reverse" wire? 

On 2020-11-09 at 10:47 AM, Locosiete said:

Mine are both aftermarket. The metra dash kit comes with a interface that plugs in to retain things like heating controls and it provides the reverse trigger as well for stereo to automatically switch to reverse camera screen. 

But your vehicle already had a factory camera didn’t it. So flashing ecm or lock pick wasn’t needed to add the new camera correct?

Trigger wire was only needed. Just curious, I have 8.4 , Sirius antenna but no camera, just beeper sensors.