What part is this?

detroitgrip

What are these?  Can i replace them myself?  

2009 journey 2.4L

Thanks for any advice you can give me. I'm a novice but done my brakes, change oil, replaced thermostat and throttle body. Stuff like that. All learned from youtube. 

IMG_20200920_180740~2.jpg

IMG_20200920_180850~2.jpg

MVIMG_20200920_181104~2.jpg

Edited by detroitgrip

upper and lower control arms,not hard at all ,but from the looks of the rust,impact gun might be helpful, plenty of you tube videos as well on these replacement,will need a 4 wheel alignment afterwards as well.make sure you use some jack stands as well....good luck

most deferentially, when you take the old one off( the  lower one can be adj ,,,,but the upper has no adj ability)dont move the adj on it so you can match the new one up so it will be close to the org alignment,,, but you will still need to have one done...by the way welcome to the group

i actually had to have my upper control arm/ trailing link to be replaced with after market kind they  cost any where from 50-100 for each one but they are adjustable unlike the OEM ones are not, just a solid arm link... check amazon if you are interested in them. my 2014 seems to have a problem staying in alignment so that is why i went with the adj. kind

Cool thanks for the advice. I bought the control arms today. I have a good auto parts store near me here in michigan. They were about $50 each. Both non-adjustable but that's ok with me. With the money I'm saving doing it myself gonna head to home depot and buy an impact driver.