Master Window Lock

Wondering if this is something that can be changed in programming? 

my master window lock only controls the rear windows... if I lock out window controls the passenger window still works from the passenger window switch! Does anyone know if this can be changed

• 6 months later...

The switch is exclusively for the rear windows. I'm 99.9% certain it cannot be changed.

Just like my other post of yours, if you're able to accept a 'band-aid' fix, just put some duct-tape over the switch. hahahah

--- THE FOLOWING IS ME RAMBLING ABOUT SOMETHING I DON'T RECOMEND AND MIGHT NOT BE POSSIBLE!!! ---

If you need to prevent the window on the passenger side from working, (disabling the switch on the door, but allowing the window to function normally from the driver's side):

Theoretically, you could do this by removing a few wires from the wiring harness leading into the passenger's side switch assembly.

I suppose you'd need to firstly get a wire color code diagram for that wire harness to identify which wires are the 'window switch signal wires', so as to NOT disconnect the lock, unlock, illumination, and permanent window wires....
Anyway, I guess you'll need to remove 4 wires from the harness (and insulate them from shorting on anything else):

1) power window switch UP

2) power window switch DOWN

3) power window switch UP-AUTO

4) power window switch DOWN-AUTO

and NOT remove any of the other wires,  so as to keep operation of the lock, and illumination of the (now functionless) switches, and retain operation of the passenger window from the driver's side.

I recommend you test the function of the driver's side switch to assure it still works before re-assembling everything... and don't cut any wires, or do anything permanent just incase you make a mistake, or I made a mistake in my theory. make sure you have some way to remember the wire colors when you put them back into the harness so you can set it back to normal when you sell the car.

you could take this to another level, and add a 5 individual relays which you'd slice 4 into the aforementioned wires, and 1 to power all four relays (which would be spliced into the driver's side window lock switch, allowing all windows to be locked simultaneously. 
(Don't do this, it probably wont work, and will likely ruin the car.)

Edited by NavalLacrosse