Help! Is this paint? clear coat? what?

emars002

We just picked up our used journey so i don't expect it to be perfect but what the heck is this peeling on the bumper? carfax says no accidents but maybe one was not reported. It is blue that peels and it has a silvery backing but there is another blue layer underneath it?

DSC_0113-1.jpg

DSC_0114-1.jpg

well , if you want my opinion , im 100 % sure this bumper was repainted with the same color and they didn't prepared the surface properly before doing it ..... that's why it's peeling ...

Is this the original color of the car? I never saw this color on a Journey before and didn't know it was available... at least in Canada!

Anyway, yes I think it has been repainted.

Yes it is the original color - they only used it on the 2009s it is surf blue or something like that on the dodge website - I figured it was that the bumper was not prepared properly. I'll have to see how much it will be to strip the bumper and repaint it - I wonder how fast it will peel

If the car is still under warranty, take it back to the dealer.

We bought it with 36, 928 miles so of course just out of warranty - they gave us a 75,000 5yr bumper to bumper though supposedly - I might try this weekend to take it back and see what they say but i bet it is a hastle - even though I didn't do anything to it, obviously the person before me did. if there was an unreported accident that would not be a warranty item anyways but maybe worth asking

Well, my husband just got back from the dealer- they said bring it in Friday when the paint guy is in and they will fix it - they admitted there was a scuff on the bumper and they tried to touch it up - obviously that didn't work- so hopefully they fix it right - it has gotten much worse in the last two days - now the middle of the bumper is bubbling. I am happy they are going to fix it though!

Well, my husband just got back from the dealer- they said bring it in Friday when the paint guy is in and they will fix it - they admitted there was a scuff on the bumper and they tried to touch it up - obviously that didn't work- so hopefully they fix it right - it has gotten much worse in the last two days - now the middle of the bumper is bubbling. I am happy they are going to fix it though!

It's good to see that the dealer is acting in a responsible way.

Well, they fixed it yesterday - they say they stripped the bumper and repainted it - can they do that in one day? They only had the car about 6 or 7 hours.

If they know what they are doing and have the facilities, it shouldn't take more than a regular 8 hour day to do a small job like this one. Good luck and make sure to pick up your car during the day to make sure the paint is an exact match/shade.

If they know what they are doing and have the facilities, it shouldn't take more than a regular 8 hour day to do a small job like this one. Good luck and make sure to pick up your car during the day to make sure the paint is an exact match/shade.

Thank you! it is an exact match - it has been a few days now and still looks great so i am going to go ahead and order one of those bumper protectors I saw posted on here :)

Thank you! it is an exact match - it has been a few days now and still looks great so i am going to go ahead and order one of those bumper protectors I saw posted on here :)

Where can we order the bumper protectors. I think I want to order one.