Blend Door Actuators

TexMarc

Hey there folks. I'm having some issues with my driver's side blend door actuator on my 2015 Journey.  We bought the vehicle used last year, and all of the A/C worked great for the first several months.  I think it was around August of 2019 when all of a sudden we were getting nothing but hot air out of the driver's side...but the rest of the vents were blowing out cold air.  Finally around early March of 2020 we got the driver's side blend door actuator replaced and everything was great again...for a couple of weeks anyway.  At that point we were in the process of moving from TX to TN and couldn't take the time to get it fixed again.  

Fast-forward to current time and we had another new actuator put in by a local, and very reputable, shop just last week.  The cold air blew great for 2 days...and then quit again.  

My question to you all is this.  Does anyone know whether or not a 'short' in the wiring somewhere could be causing these things to quit on us so quickly? If so, wouldn't that short out other stuff as well? 

I'm not showing any error codes and the rest of the vents are still working just fine.  Or is it more likely that both of the replacement actuators were crap?  

Looking forward to your ideas.  Thank you.

first where did you buy the actuators from, i would use a OEM from mopar for the next change yes more expensive but usually better quality than from parts stores and internet...https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/  never have bought from them ..just a thought        also if bought from dodge and installed should come with a 1 yr warranty as well

Edited by 2late4u