Customised my standard 17'' rims and added duel tail pipe

Wayne From RSA

Hi Guys,

I have posted some pics of my 2009 Dodge Journey 2.7L V6 from South Africa. There is a problem getting rims in this country because of the pcd size, so i customised my standard rims giving them a black insert and installed two tail pipes becuase our Journey models only come with one pipe. I have the built in lcd that has my SATNAV, reverse camera and my gig with a 20 gig HDD 6 disc front loading DVD\MP3\WMA player. The lcd also serves as my DVD screen. I hope you guys like.

71335588.jpg

96043206.jpg

29085347.jpg

49650073.jpg

22276214.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wayne,

Very nice, about to get my Journey this Saturday, I drove the 2.7 and the CRD and just found that the 2.7 was a bit underpowered as I need mine to pull a caravan as well.

I like the duel pipes, do they both work or is one a dummy? I also see that your dashboard has a silver facia mine is black, is this something you did or was it standard.

I was lucky got a CRD with 10000 k's on it for 339, with my gig, a new 2.7 would have cost me 335 after discount with my gig and towbar. Oh by the was I see you are in Natal I am from Joies.

Marchum

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Wayne,

Very nice, about to get my Journey this Saturday, I drove the 2.7 and the CRD and just found that the 2.7 was a bit underpowered as I need mine to pull a caravan as well.

I like the duel pipes, do they both work or is one a dummy? I also see that your dashboard has a silver facia mine is black, is this something you did or was it standard.

I was lucky got a CRD with 10000 k's on it for 339, with my gig, a new 2.7 would have cost me 335 after discount with my gig and towbar. Oh by the was I see you are in Natal I am from Joies.

Marchum

Hi Wayne - it looks good.

did you retro fit the lcd screen, if so do you have a part number as i'm struggling to source this as a seperate add on item

Brendan

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
What a beautiful journey. Great looking and I find it very impressive. I read reviews where some guys say the Journey has no style but they must be blind.

I have posted this photo several times, the Journey seems like a very good canvas to start out modding with.

Terry

141743334.jpg

Edited by Windancer