I have tried several thread searches but have not found any previous info on this so here goes.  I have had my 2014 Journey since it was new and have always had my XM active.  For some mysterious reason approximately one month ago, the radio acted like it lost signal and so I had Sirius refresh signal with no results - the display shows channel 184 and nothing else, no info, no sound, and no reaction to any on-screen touch input.  I have gone to settings and there is no longer an XM radio ID number shown in settings - it is just not there anymore.  I read on-line that the radio could be "reset" by disconnecting the ground wire (tried at least 5x), pressing both temp controls at same time to get to engineering display, pressing volume and tune knobs at same time to reset, and finally pressing up and down temp and A/C controls at same to bring up the engineering display.  I tried each one of these several times and the last one with the two temp and A/C controls at same time DID bring up a settings display that also had no entry for Sirius radio id.

Any ideas on where I should go from here?  If the XM part of the radio has failed what part should I shop for and replace?  The display panel in the dash or is it something else for the XM?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - Thanks

Thanks for the response Horace - Signal is good on am/fm and xm works fine on my Chevy Cruze in all surrounding areas.  Did read on one site where XM id could just be lost and radio had to be replaced.  I do know that in settings on my Journey it just has no ID in the Sirius/XM location.   ?????

I’m thinking signal in journey itself, can you confirm it’s good. Am/fm amplitude frequency modulation radio is on a different antenna, not satellite based.

Actually my name is not John or Horace; they were the Dodge brothers; both died in 1920 during an influenza pandemic, strangely enough. 

Edited by John/Horace

• Official Dodge Support
On 4/3/2020 at 10:21 PM, Bogeys said:

I have tried several thread searches but have not found any previous info on this so here goes.  I have had my 2014 Journey since it was new and have always had my XM active.  For some mysterious reason approximately one month ago, the radio acted like it lost signal and so I had Sirius refresh signal with no results - the display shows channel 184 and nothing else, no info, no sound, and no reaction to any on-screen touch input.  I have gone to settings and there is no longer an XM radio ID number shown in settings - it is just not there anymore.  I read on-line that the radio could be "reset" by disconnecting the ground wire (tried at least 5x), pressing both temp controls at same time to get to engineering display, pressing volume and tune knobs at same time to reset, and finally pressing up and down temp and A/C controls at same to bring up the engineering display.  I tried each one of these several times and the last one with the two temp and A/C controls at same time DID bring up a settings display that also had no entry for Sirius radio id.

Any ideas on where I should go from here?  If the XM part of the radio has failed what part should I shop for and replace?  The display panel in the dash or is it something else for the XM?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - Thanks

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this.  Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern.  I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison

DodgeCares