car wont start

2014 crossroad went out to start the car today nope wouldn't crank, tried using the end of fob ,nope just one  small click sound , when locking doors with the fob they lock okay no horn beep, neighbor brought over his battery charger he put on jump start nothing but yet when he put it on the charger style it showed almost full charge.,called for a tow to take it to the dealership and i asked him to try to jump start it he gets out his jump box and the car started up, so i ran it down to the local garage and they checked with with a load test and it was reading good but at just above bad level, i ask what he would charge for a battery 114 plus tax and 20 for the install,he said well give it a few days and maybe it will be okay so i said put that interstate battery in. the other battery had a 3 yr full warranty and it was 3 yrs and 2 months old... for 20 bucks i dint want to fool with installing the new one..oh well have to spend that stimulus money on something i guess. the click i was hearing was just a faint sound not a real distinct click like the old time solenoid did.