ESP OFF

vinilopes21

Hello, in my there are no extreme weathers like snowing, ice, etc etc ... and I am concern with the brake stuff, early changes due the ESP control ... do you guys think I can leave the ESP always off ?

thank you

vinny.

I'd say it's up to you and how you feel your driving ability is under such circumstances. Personally, I'd say leave it on and only turn it off when you feel like traction control is getting in the way of what you are trying to accomplish. Easy for me to say since I don't drive in anything more extreme than patchy ice. It has helped me in a few instances, though.

Hello, in my there are no extreme weathers like snowing, ice, etc etc ... and I am concern with the brake stuff, early changes due the ESP control ... do you guys think I can leave the ESP always off ?

thank you

vinny.

If you don't drive in snow or ice, the ESP should not kick in, so there is no differences if you turn it off or not. The only time I can think it will kick in, it is under agressive acceleration in rain.

I'd say it's up to you and how you feel your driving ability is under such circumstances. Personally, I'd say leave it on and only turn it off when you feel like traction control is getting in the way of what you are trying to accomplish. Easy for me to say since I don't drive in anything more extreme than patchy ice. It has helped me in a few instances, though.

There is a lot of technology and engineering behind the ESP system. It makes decisions in fractions of a second based on multiple inputs.

I second the fact that you should leave it on and (on the limited occasion that it "gets in the way") only momentarily turn it off under special circumstances.

ABS is often misinterperted. Yes it sometimes takes longer to stop. But during the times when you are panic braking in a turn, it provides control thru the event.

No system can override gravity and E always = MC^2. Plan for longer stopping distances when needed.

Let technology do it's work.

leave it on as it is linked in to both the ERM and EARS systems, turning it off for long driving periods is fool hardy, as it will mitigate the correct working of the 2 other main safety features... i can personnally vouch for all 3 systems kicking in when needed, when forced on to the very wet grass median when a lunatic just pulled straight on to the motorway (free way) and forced 2 other cars next to me to colide, with out the systems working, i would have not been able to steer around them, or control the Journey when it started to slide on the median, and when it dug in and almost began to roll it all completely kicked in and saved us from going over, i ended up stopping some 300 feet from the pile of wrecked cars, shaken but not hurt and not a scratch on my Journey!!!!!

you just never know when the next muppet will be driving near you!!!

leave it on!!! = safe and alive!

to answer more your question, no there isn't a way to leave it off at all times, when you turn the car off then back on it will reset, I have to do the same thing with traction control on my Bonneville in the summer

Why bother? What do you gain by turning it off???

Why bother? What do you gain by turning it off???

My Bonneville is fairly heavily modded to about 300 HP (205 stock) and sometimes I just like to lay down some rubber, sometimes if I need to swerve and hit the gas and the tires spin it will cut back engine power and apply the brakes which is the oppisite of what I need it to do

Thank you all for the replies, I also thought that the ESP was corelated to the other security systems and will leave as it is to avoid creating any other problem in any other safety feature ...

Thank you ... I am at Buenos Aires and probably will face some cold days here, coming from Brazil any temperature below 15 celsius is really cold for me ...

cheers ! thank you.

;)

My Bonneville is fairly heavily modded to about 300 HP (205 stock) and sometimes I just like to lay down some rubber, sometimes if I need to swerve and hit the gas and the tires spin it will cut back engine power and apply the brakes which is the oppisite of what I need it to do

Ok, that makes perfect sense now. I was thinking just everyday, around town driving.