tag your it

2late4u

well wife and her sister going out to eat and her sister driving our journey due to my broken knee cap and they pull to the front of the restaurant and wife goes to get out and was reaching back in for her cane and a really old (90) man backs into the front left corner of our bumper so they all exchange info,and i run it down to the local body shop about a 2 inch crack going thur the lower facial just above the black trim along side of the fog light and then about 2 inches above the crack the plastic is kind of wrinkled a tiny bit, wife says well that wont be to high to fix will it,i just laughed ,body shop quote $989.20....look out State Farm here comes the claim since it wasn't our fault..................................................................................................................................2014 DODG Journey Crossroad FWD 4D UTV 6-3.6L Flex Fuel Sequential MPI Line Oper Description Part Number Qty Extended Price $ Labor Paint 1 FRONT BUMPER 2 O/H front bumper 2.6 3 Repl Bumper cover w/o lmp washer 5QZ97TZZAC 1 334.00 Incl. 2.8 4 Add for Clear Coat 1.1 5 # Subl Hazardous waste removal 1 4.00 X 6 # Rpr Color sand and buff 1.5 SUBTOTALS 338.00 2.6 5.4 ESTIMATE TOTALS Category Basis Rate Cost $ Parts 334.00 Body Labor 2.6 hrs @ $ 52.00 /hr 135.20 Paint Labor 5.4 hrs @ $ 52.00 /hr 280.80 Paint Supplies 5.4 hrs @ $ 38.00 /hr 205.20 Miscellaneous 4.00 Subtotal 959.20 Sales Tax $ 334.00 @ 9.0000 % 30.06 Grand Total 989.26 Deductible 0.00 CUSTOMER PAY 0.00 INSURANCE PAY 989.26

Edited by 2late4u

• 2 weeks later...

well here is an update on the journey repair was having to wait till 9 /26 to put it in at the body shop and state farm sent their adjuster out and he examined my bumper and took pic and then printed out a bunch of paperwork and then left and then about 2 hrs later i get an email from state farm saying they are sending a check for $862 ( my body shop est was around 989.) and that if the repair goes above that the body shop could contact them to see if they would pay more, so any way while waiting for the check i got out there and gorilla glued the tiny spot where the bumper skin was cracked and then used some touch up paint and dam it looks pretty good you can still see the spot if i pointed it out to you but if you are not looking for it , you probably would not see it. kind of blends in with the other 5 yrs worth of rock scratches and or bug spots or scratches on the bumper....so i got the check today in my name only, so i am just about to cash the check it let it go as is..i would post some pics but dont know how with this old flip phone