how bad is dual climate control as compared to 3-zone ?

JourneyQ

I am planning to buy a Journey. Looking at 2 options right now -one with dual zone and another one with 3 zone. Dual zone one is way cheaper.

Can someone with dual zone please tell me how has their experience been with it ? Does it become really difficult on extremely hot and cold days for people in the second and third rows ?

depends where you live iv had both my 2011 had the 3 zone ( front and rear) loved it just my wife and i but i would turn the upper rear vents facing forward and it would help cool the back of my head, that said IF you live in a hot climate ( i live in al) or a real cold climate like Mich or Canada get the 3 zone for the passengers comfort and yours. i now have 2014 with just the dual didnt think of it before i bought it as it is a 5 seater instead of my old 7 seater, it is okay but on really hot days the journey is okay but would be a lot better with the 3 zone also the occasional passenger is a little uncomfortable for a bit till the front air makes it to them. long story short go for the 3 ZONE and you will be happier also the 3.6 eng but be warned with AWD you might have expensive repairs on the rear drive unit if it goes bad

• 1 year later...

The 2 zone system is on m the 5 passengers cars. 
so the real question is, do you need 7 passenger?  Because it comes standards with  it.

My kids all love the rear climate control.  For what you get, seems very worth it. (I’ve had mine since new in 2012 though)

as i stated above i would have paid extra for it after what i experienced going from the 3 zone to the 2 zone, it just cools off the journey so much better,but as i didnt need the extra seats and the 5 seater has a flatter rear area is why i liked it, but live and learn