WHY SO FEW JOURNEYS ON THE ROAD?

it was seeing one on the streets of London a few months ago that inspired me to do a web search and find out more about what sort of car it was and read up some reviews, needless to say the wife and I bought one a few weeks later !

while driving in Europe this past month the only DJ we saw was one on a Belgian highway near Antwerp, a black SXT, the driver hauled up alongside to give me the thumbs up, other than that I haven't come across any more in London, though Im sure there are a few around, its still a model here with little or no product recognition judging by the comments I receive filling it up at the local gas station and the car park of the local Sainsburys.

A day after we bought it in fact I was waiting for my wife to get back from the shops and my daughter and I were watching "Peppa Pig" on the DVD screen, the back windows are darkened and I saw a face with hands cupped over peering inside the opposite window, I wound the window down much to his surprise, and he apologized, he had his kids with him and his wife was putting some bags in their E46 Beemer Estate, "nice car" he said " what is it ? " I explained everything and he was enthused enough to take down the details of the dealer and the car type as he was looking to upgrade to a seven seater but didn't like the look of the standard Euro box offerings from Ford, Citroen, Peugeot or VW, "and this looks perfect" he said... and was well within his price range so it seems there must be more like this guy, I was certainly one of those people looking for something practical and a little bit different, so marketing in Europe has to ratchet up a gear then the sales of the DJ will surely match its aspirations, but right now Im really enjoying the blank looks of curiosity the car generates.

The trouble is that the Dodge/ Jeep/ Chrysler Advertising is Non existent in UK .....Apart from Jeep , no one knows who or what they are. Plus the range was let down by the high price & the abysmal sloppy plastic , low rent interior of the Caliber & Avenger. ( I happen to love mine , it just wipes clean with a damp cloth). The Journey is a much better option with better interiors & build quality---But they still dont advertise it!!

Well I think the marketing has picked up as I have seen quite a few journey commercials on tv here in edmonton. The commercial states it is the number one sold corssover in canada.

On my street within i think 15 house of mine there are 4 Journeys including mine (1 White, Silver, 2x White gold).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...