Remote Start Not Working for the 3rd Time

sabina720

So I got my Journey in November and this will be the third time my remote start is not working, when I hit the button 2x either it doesn't start at all or it starts and after about 45 seconds just shuts down the engine. This is a big inconvience to keep bringing it to get serviced, has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions, can I ask to have the product replaced if it happens again?

There are lots of things that are checked and must be in the right condition before the engine is allowed to start. Whether the doors are locked or not they are locked again, and all doors and the rear hatch must be closed. Even the hood has a switch to be sure that it is closed to be sure that nobody is working near the engine when it is started, and also the gearshift must be in park The fact that the engine starts tells me that all of those conditions are met, but once it is started you can open the doors, but I'm not sure about opening the hood and you definately can't put the car in gear until the key has been inserted.

I'm not sure that any of this has something to do with your problem, but if it happens every time then the dealer should be able to hook up to the computer of the car and see exactly what is causing the shut-down condition.

Good Luck and let us know what you find....

• 2 weeks later...

this has happened to me twice in the last 2 wks. The weather was fairly cold (maybe -20'ish C) and the vehicle was not plugged in - not sure fi this had anything to do with it or not... Definately not a problem with the doors or hood being partially opened because it started and did run for about a minute.

• 4 weeks later...

I just brought it back for the 4th time, this time they told me there was a TSB that came out on 1/20. They said it had something to do with a pin????, My receipt says Reprogram PCM, sorry I don't know too much more information about it!

Lets see how long we can go this time!!!

this has happened to me twice in the last 2 wks. The weather was fairly cold (maybe -20'ish C) and the vehicle was not plugged in - not sure fi this had anything to do with it or not... Definately not a problem with the doors or hood being partially opened because it started and did run for about a minute.