Sirus XM Updating Channels Please Wait

Good Evening,

I was wondering if anyone here that owns a 2013 Journey is experiencing this issue

Every time I start up the vehicle it always goes to Updating Channels please wait then within 1 minute the Sirus XM satellite begins playing with no issues

Ive contacted Sirus XM they dont see any issues they refer me to the dealer ive went to the dealer and they dont see any issue with my equipment at all 

Ive had the sirus xm service for close to 5 years and ive never had this issue before thats why im finding it odd how its a dealership issue as per what sirus xm says

Anyone else having this issue?

My 2011 does this occasionally.  Certainly not every time is start up, though.  I've always assumed it was exactly what it says. . .  an update for some channels pushed out by Sirius.  Maybe some updates are local due to traffic info or something and that's why mine does not update as often in the small town I live in?  Maybe it is due to the series of temporary channels or occasional temporary free services that are offered by Sirius?  As long as you Sirius is working, I wouldn't worry about it.  

Peace.

• 9 months later...