Uconnect Crap Out

thevoice

Hey all,

I have had my Journey for several months now and for the third time in about a month my Uconnect is not connecting to my iPhone. The first two times this happened it connected itself to my phone the very next time I got in my car and started it but this time no such luck. Any ideas?

No battery issues, the Uconnect still lists my stored numbers, etc.

Un-connected and closing in on 2010 (ie: new driving regulations for BC residents = no hands on phone).

Hey all,

I have had my Journey for several months now and for the third time in about a month my Uconnect is not connecting to my iPhone. The first two times this happened it connected itself to my phone the very next time I got in my car and started it but this time no such luck. Any ideas?

No battery issues, the Uconnect still lists my stored numbers, etc.

Un-connected and closing in on 2010 (ie: new driving regulations for BC residents = no hands on phone).

Hi,

I know this might be a bit of a pain in the butt. You could remove UConnect from the list of bluetooth devices in your iPhone and then re-establish connection through setup. I've had this happen with my bluetooth enabled GPS, and this fixed the problem. Hope that helps.

I'm not sure this applies to your problem, but it solved my U-connect problem. I've owned my car since Jun '09 and the U-connect never worked quite right, but I could never have the dealer check it out properly. They always needed the car and my cell phone all day which was always a problem. They checked the software for that module, called Chrysler, and would always leave my ticket open (so there were not repeat visits for the same problem). Finally I sat there for six hours one day and they agreed to order a U-connect module, when the module arrived it was dead on arrival. Next it seems there was a long back-order time for the next replacement. Finally when the newest replacement (direct from the manufacturer) was installed, everything worked properly and has ever since.

Up until the time they replaced my U-connect module they tried to blame my phone, or the version of bluetooth.

Hope this helps.