Yeas wipers come in when switch is off..nothing on the front half of vehicle works when this happens..it happens randomly and last for different amounts of time. Changed the battery and alternators fine. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue, I can't be the only one.

my daughter had a similar problem with her jeep, sorry to say we never found out the problem she traded it in on a new jeep. i have had heard of other car owners have the same problems. i would check for loose connections near or under the outside fuse block under the hood. maybe some one else here can help.   good luck

I would go around check all the ground connections that you can find.

I had issues with starting on my 2010 and adding a heavier gauge ground cable seems to have solved it.

I also own a Jeep Cherokee, 2001 not the newer version, and have had times when half the dash would go crazy similarly to your's, again cleaning and redoing the ground connections solved the issue.

It seems, at least to me and other Cherokee owners, that Dodge/Jeep ground and electrical cabling is an issue and to me under engineered.

The change in how my 2010 started was rather amazing after adding the additional ground.

Many items are controlled  by the computers and if the signals aren't good they will tend to act up or in the case of starting not work properly. Digital stuff is looking for on or off and low voltage because of corrosion, loose,  or under engineered cabling with a tiny bit of corrosion and cause the signal to look wrong.

The first advice one gets in the case of older Cherokees is to go through and check all your grounds, I am beginning to think the same advice can apply to the Journey.

Finding a cleaning and tightening grounds is a very inexpensive way to eliminate problems as well as, in my case, solving them.