MAXLINER Floor Mats

Summer Solstice

I purchased my lightly used 2016 Journey RT in October 2017. Being in Michigan, one of the first things to do was to install some custom mats. I have used many generic mats over the years; some were better than others but all of them left something to be desired, often greatly so.

Upon researching brands I found a few options, including some that are highly regarded. I chose to go with MAXLINER for price, function, and looks. 4 months later, I can say that I am happy with my decision. The price was almost half the most popular brand with the sale that was currently going on. I bought the front row, 2nd row, and cargo mat as a package. I have the 3rd row seat which I will likely never use but, if I did, I would have to remove the rear cargo mat. If I fold the 2nd row down for hauling, I keep a blanket in the vehicle.

I have plans to do some modification once the weather improves to address some of the areas that the mats do not protect, but so far so good.

Following are pictures of the mats hard at work. The front driver's mat has done a good job of containing the mess. I will post cleaner pictures later in the year when the weather improves.

20180217_180859_001.jpg

20180217_181045.jpg

20180217_181105.jpg

1 hour ago, N87 said:

I like them. Does it allow for the 3rd row seats to be in up position? We normally keep ours folded, but would like to know whether you can raise them without creating a major crease in the mat.

When the mats are shipped, the rear cargo mat is in a roll, so yes, you could just roll it up. It is a fairly heavy and stiff mat and takes a while to lay flat. If using the 3rd row on a rare occasion, better to remove it ahead of time and put it back in later. If on the road, it won't hurt it to roll it up carefully and leave it in the small space between the 3rd row and rear gate. It would not be an easy mat to fold on a point, especially with the raised lip around the edges. If using the 3rd row on a frequent basis, skip the cargo mat and buy the 3rd row mat.

Edited by Summer Solstice