No Lifetime Powertrain Warranty???

brwengel

Yea, but this will help hold value a little more as well since it is transferable.

Papers were signed today and they offered us 5/100K bumper to bumper for $10 a month extra. Said no for now but may buy it when 36K gets here hehe.

For this 'bumper to bumper warranty" you must have been looking into aftermarket warranties.

I got caught off guard on the warranty change from 09 to 10 until just before I signed the papers.

I know this was not a dealer issue an complained to Chrysler. In my opinion, this was deceptive advertising. Note there is no reference to a warranty on the 2010 window sticker, the brochures they are using are 2009 which state "lifetime", etc.

I may be interested in participating in a class action suit on this if one pops up.

Even when I ran the info on the 'Dodge' website and printed the sheet, it showed 2010 with lifetime warranty (it has since been updated but I have PDF and hard copies).

What are the resale implications (this will be the deciding factor on how to proceed on this matter)? Was the lifetime not transferrable? The 5/100 is and therefore is a better resale deal?

I was looking at Hyundai Santa Fe's and they (I think) had same or better warranty.

I think this proves that they know the 6 speed tranny is a piece of crap.

Also The Canadian powertrain Warranty has always been 5/100,000 kms at least yours is 160,000 kms. (100k miles).

Looks like they reduced your bumper to bumper down th 36k miles from 6ok miles.

Canadian Warranty

During this period of restructuring, the Canadian Government will be guaranteeing the warranty on new Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles sold after April 7, 2009. All 2009 Chrysler, Jeep ® and Dodge vehicles are backed by a 5-year or 100,000-kilometre* fully transferable Powertrain Warranty with $0 deductible, plus 24-hour roadside assistance. † Basic Warranty coverage is for 3 years or 60,000 kilometres.* Rust-through coverage on all body sheet metal is for 3 years. The Cummins® Turbo Diesel engine is protected by a separate Limited Warranty, covering the engine for 5 years or 160,000 kilometres.*

Current US Warranty

Warranty

We’re confident in our vehicles and we’re backing them with a new 5-year / 100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty[1]. The powertrain limited warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair a covered powertrain component – engine, transmission and drive system – on most new Dodge, Jeep® and Chrysler vehicles. Coverage now also includes free towing to the nearest Dodge, Jeep® or Chrysler dealer, if necessary. The warranty is transferable too, so if you sell your vehicle during the warranty period, the new owner will still be covered.

Plus, our 3-year / 36,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty[2] provides bumper-to-bumper coverage for your vehicle, from the body to the electrical system.

For this 'bumper to bumper warranty" you must have been looking into aftermarket warranties.

I got caught off guard on the warranty change from 09 to 10 until just before I signed the papers.

I know this was not a dealer issue an complained to Chrysler. In my opinion, this was deceptive advertising. Note there is no reference to a warranty on the 2010 window sticker, the brochures they are using are 2009 which state "lifetime", etc.

I may be interested in participating in a class action suit on this if one pops up.

Even when I ran the info on the 'Dodge' website and printed the sheet, it showed 2010 with lifetime warranty (it has since been updated but I have PDF and hard copies).

What are the resale implications (this will be the deciding factor on how to proceed on this matter)? Was the lifetime not transferrable? The 5/100 is and therefore is a better resale deal?

I was looking at Hyundai Santa Fe's and they (I think) had same or better warranty.

No, this was from Dodge themselves. But I too was caught off guard a little with the 5/100k because you are right it said lifetime warranty everywhere.

Anywho, the lifetime is not transferable but the 5/100k is.