Fuel injector

Check engine light came on took it to auto parts store and they put a tester on it. Code P0204 came up. As soon as you start it you will know if it will run steady or rough ....when it runs steady check engine is on constant... when it runs rough it sputters when you are around 1.5 on tach and the check engine light and alarm keeps going on and off. Definition states.....Fuel injector circuit- injector number 4. Explanation .... The powertrain control module monitors the fuel injection electrical circuit for opens, shorts, and system overload conditions. Probable cause. 1 open or shorted fuel injector 2 open or short in electrical circuit 3 High fuel pressure-pressure regulator defective-fuel return line blocked 4 Check TPS and circuit for failure. Is there an easy way to pin point what is actually wrong with it ? 2009 Dodge Journey 6 cyclinder 3.6 107k miles on it. If you throw me a suggestion would really appreciate it. Thank you

Stand corrected it is 3.5. A few questions. Which is the number 4 injector if looking at the engine from the front of the car. The middle one in the front or the middle one in the back towards the firewall. It seems to putter more when the engine is warm does that sound more like the injector or more like the coil. If I have to pull the top part of the head will I need to get new seals to put it back on. I have ran 2 full tanks of high octane gas and used complete fuel injector cleaner and neither of those have worked so that is why I am thinking that it may be the coil instead acting up when the engine is hot. Thank you for any comments/thoughts

Edited by Michael Oberdorf