hesitation on acceleration

jacfen

Are you AWD? Otherwise, nothing is going on in the rear end of a FWD car that would cause your problem on acceleration, unless it is a low traction situation and you are AWD and the AWD system is working by transferring torque between the front and rear drive systems to maintain traction.

Edited by jkeaton

• Official Dodge Support

I have a 2012 Journey R/T with only 44,000km In the last day or 2 I have noticed a hesitation/shutter on acceleration most of the time. Seems like it is happening in then rear end. Any idea what this could be?

jacfen,

Welcome to the forum.

This shudder or hesitation could be caused by any number of components.

Considering this is something happening often, I'd recommend scheduling a visit to your local Dodge dealer for an inspection.

You'll be able to take a quick test drive with Service staff and determine what the cause is.

Keep us posted if you can.

took vehicle into dealership Friday, was told it is a problem with the driveline and that they have had a few journeys brought in with the same problem. Vehicle is NOT driveable until fixed as it could have caused serious damage I was told. Glad I took it in when I did!! Thank heavens for warranty as it is not cheap to repair.

• Official Dodge Support

took vehicle into dealership Friday, was told it is a problem with the driveline and that they have had a few journeys brought in with the same problem. Vehicle is NOT driveable until fixed as it could have caused serious damage I was told. Glad I took it in when I did!! Thank heavens for warranty as it is not cheap to repair.

jacfen,

Thanks for the update.

It's always a good policy to act quickly and get to your dealer before anything worsens.

Hopefully you'll be back behind the wheel soon.

• 2 years later...

I have a 2010 SXT and we are starting to have an issue quite similar to this. When it first started our check engine light came on and threw a code or the #5 cylinder misfire. The dealership said they fixed the problem. I drove it about 2 miles and it started again. Mine has the hesitation while driving about 45-50 MPH and when we start to take off. The mechanic that we took it to after the dealership said that he has seen this and it is the transmission going out. Can that be true??