Found Brand new 2013 Journey SE Plus for $15,000

Am I the only one shocked to read this? I found a dealer selling 2013 Journey SE Plus' for $15k! Seeing this number......it almost makes it impossible not to buy it. Just thought I'd let others know in case they were looking, as well! This is in Canada just FYI. I'm not sure if that's a good price according to US standards.

According to the 2013 Journey Canadian Brochure the extras on the SE are: leather wrapped steering wheel, leather wrapped shift knob, body colour mirrors, led tail lamps, deep-tint sunscreen glass, black side roof rails with adjustable cross bars, front and rear floor mats and cargo compartment cover.

www.dodge.ca/en_dir.pdf/journey.pdf

No thanks necessary, I'm just returning the favour. The information that the forum members shared helped tremendously in my decision to go with the SXT. I don't think you can go wrong either way. My brother-in-law was so impressed with our Journey he bought one for himself.

Edited by rolly

Keep something else in mind. You had said you were interested in adding the 8.4 w/nav.

The SXT and above trims are pre wired for GPS, while the lesser models aren't.

Reason is that the SXT standard satellite radio brings along the GPS antenna.

Again, if you're REALLY interested in doing the 8.4 uConnect upgrade, I'd look for an SXT with the popular equipment pckg. Has the auto climate which is fully compatible with the 8.4.

I know I'm only adding to the expenses for you, but those are the issues you're going to run into if you do the upgrade later on.

Good luck.

Edited by Mcgusto82

Mcgusto82- Great memory and thanks for offering up that information!! I would assume, then, that if I went with the SE Plus there's no way to modify that (like with lockpic or anything simliar) to upgrade that feature correct?

I truly want to be as "cost effective" aka cheap :) as possible with this vehicle but my last vehicle was fully loaded...it's hard to give that stuff up when you're used to it ;)

Thanks for your help!!

There's a kit that lets you add GPS and a back up cam to the 4.3 uConnect (you keep the same screen and radio)

But it cost 1,700 and I'm not sure if you need to have the GPS antenna built in. It's not the lockpick.

The lockpick is only for the 8.4 radios, and only adds back up cam, video in, and a bunch of camera in features.

We went with the 8.4 w/ lockpick route, and spent less than 800$. I did everything myself.

Ahhhhh, ok that makes sense! Thanks so much for the explanation! If I decide to go with the 2013 for $15,000 then the extra cost for nav/cam might be worth it. But, I will be sure to ask the dealer about the built-in GPS antenna. That's great that you did everything yourself! I'm def going to need installation as I'll have no clue how to do that and Hubby wouldn't either lol :)

You'd be nuts to spend $7K more to get grab handles and a mini console - unless, of course the SXT also has the 3.6 Pentastar - and even then it is a 50% surcharge.

But make sure that whet they deliver is indeed an SE Plus - there is no badging to indicate that it is. Again, the things to look for:

- Deep tinted windows
- LED tail lights,
- Roof rails and rack,
- Floor mats,
- Cargo cover,
- Leather steering wheel and shifter knob,
- Body colored heated, power rear view mirrors

SXT does NOT include the sat radio standard in Canada - and in '11 you also got alloy wheels with the SE+ where the base model had steel wheels with hub caps.

In '11, the Canadian SXT added the following over the SE+:

- Fog lights
- Cargo net
- Overhead console
- Compass
- Alarm system
- Automatic headlights
- One touch down AND up windows
- Upgraded bumpers