MEGAN RACING Exhaust Installed!

black2011

Ok, I can't take it any longer...... This is the 4th or 5th thread on Journey exhaust and my stomach hurts from laughing so hard. I get you all want a cool sound in your ride. BUT, guys your ride, as mine, is a modern version of the late STATION WAGON!!!! It is meant for toting the youngins, better known as a "Grocery Geter". You can put all the perf. parts you can find in it, and it will STILL be a Journey. Not to be confused with a 7 seat Challenger....

An important consideration many have missed is, true performance does not equal good mileage or reliability. It is a simple and proven fact, that the more you port, bore, stroke etc. leads to a higher rate of thermal, as well as mechanical breakdown. This is why race cars are not daily drivers. If you REALLY want to get to the red light before the, choose your make crossover, simply put a 100lb. shot of NOS into it... You will go like the wind, until your valves burn, or you throw a rod, eat a bearing, choose your fate. Now if you want to remove your 2nd and 3rd rows and add a big block in their place, then you are a braver man then I. The fact is, I as I would guess many of you bought this vehicle to hall your stuff, and passengers, not to challenge street racers on the weekends!?

This reminds me of life in Ecuador, all you saw was two seaters covered with high perf. stickers, just like Fast and Furious. The big difference was, stickers were as far as it went, most of the parts they advertised can not even be gotten there. Yet every car you saw has neon under, in, and anywhere they can find a place to put it. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking you guys, I am as big a gear head as they come. I just found it hilarious how many are in the pursuit of power and speed from a platform that is not meant for it. The fact is NOTHING sounds like a V-8 with headers and straight pipes. Why is there no CAI? you ask... Simple, there is no place to get the cold air from! The battery takes the common place of a scoop and the fender wells have no room. The configuration of the engine compartment alone make it a NON issue, you will pick up too much heat from all the plumbing to even make it worth it. Sure you can wrap your tube with fire cloth and whatever you want but the fact is, the area is far to hot to make it viable. I live in Phoenix, there is NO cold air to be gotten during the summer, even at night!!! The asphalt itself hovers at over 100 deg. F alone, on a cooler day. 

The exhaust exiting is proportional to the induction. There is no means to speed up the airflow enough to really make the engine put out what it could in another vehicle. Yes, there are numerous "Little" things that can be done, but in the end without serious engine work, which would then make the transmission a weak link may, only get you 2% more output on a good day,and you would not see it on a dyno therefore it is not worth dumping the cash into. Now aesthetic improvements, as well as audio and video stuff is in my mind a better choice of things to spend money on, if you must. You will not get that seat of the pants feeling you get from a "Cuda", so why waste the money. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2012 at 5:56 PM, black2011 said:

Here is my new MEGAN RACING exhaust. They make the best sounding systems period! Believe me, I have had many cars and tried many combinations. Sporty, throaty, and sounds like it should. I paid $220 for the hardware and $150 for the install. ENJOY!

Grant

post-6145-0-34877500-1348869292_thumb.jpcould you tell us how long the mufflers are i'm trying to get a set to install on my 2017 sxt

post-6145-0-67357700-1348869300_thumb.jp

post-6145-0-41394500-1348869309_thumb.jp

post-6145-0-90535300-1348869317_thumb.jp