Recall...done today....I didn't know about!!!

Well went to the dealer today for a oil change and filter....along with the programmed TIMP Sales Code for the trailer wiring to be active....And the service guy told me about a recall he can do today also that may cause the Engine light to come on.....(He said he ran my VIN #)

Checked the invoice when I was done and it's listed as a "Rapid Response1"

Correction:.....Performed Rapid Response.......

Anybody have this issue and know more about this recall?

Thanks......

2012 Jourmey R/T AWD 3.6 VVT. Canadian issue.........thanks again....

......Caper........

Edited by caperinmuskoka

Not a recall, an RRT (Rapid response transmittal) .....dealers are supposed to run the vin any time you in for service, and do any of these that show up. Not a common thing. Good for customer satisfaction.It was PCM flash update for false codes

Flash: MIL Illumination P0441, P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306,

P0420, P0430, P113D, P113E, P0133, P0153

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control

Module (PCM) with new software.

MODELS:

2012 (JC) Journey

**2012 (JS) 200/Avenger**

NOTE: This bulletin applies to **JC** vehicle equipped with a 3.6L engine (sales

code ERB) built before November 15, 2011 (MDH 1115XX) or **JS vehicle

equipped with a 3.6L engine (sales code ERB) built before December 16, 2011

(MDH 1116XX).**

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

The customer may experience a MIL illumination. Upon further investigation the

NUMBER:

18-004-12

GROUP:

Vehicle Performance

DATE:

January 28, 2012

Technician may find that any of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes have been set.

a.

P0441 - Evap Purge System Performance

b.

P0420 - Catalyst Efficiency (Bank 1)

c.

P0430 - Catalyst Efficiency (Bank2)

d.

P0133 - O2 Sensor 1/1 Slow Response

e.

P0153 - O2 Sensor 2/1 Slow Response

f.

P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire

g.

P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire

h.

P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire

i.

P0303 - Cylinder 3 Misfire

j.

P0304 - Cylinder 4 Misfire

k.

P0305 - Cylinder 5 Misfire

l.

P0306 - Cylinder 6 Misfire

m.

P113D - O2 Sensor 1/1 Slow Response (High Frequency)

n.

P113E - O2 Sensor 2/1 Slow Response (High Frequency)

Updating the software will correct the conditions listed above.

DIAGNOSIS:

Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in

TechCONNECT, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTC's other then

the ones listed above are present record them on the repair order and repair as necessary

before proceeding further with this bulletin.

If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other

customers that describe the symptom/condition or if the technician finds the DTC, perform

the Repair Procedure.

PARTS REQUIRED:

Qty. Part No. Description

1 04275086AD Label, Authorized Modification

REPAIR PROCEDURE:

NOTE: Install a battery charger to ensure battery voltage does not drop below 13.2

volts. Do not allow the charging voltage to climb above 13.5 volts during the

flash process.

NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.

1. Reprogram the PCM with the latest software. Follow the detailed service procedures

available in DealerCONNECT/TechCONNECT, Refer To Group 8 - Electrical >

Electronic Control Modules - Service Information > Module - Powertrain Control >

Standard Procedures > PCM/ECM Programming.

After PCM reprogramming, Clear any DTC's that may have been set in other

modules due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all

DTCs after the flash and allow the tech to clear them

The service advisor told me it was a recall.........while I was in the waiting room. I guess he don't know the differance then....I notice in your info................it's dated Jan 28 2012.........I was in late Feb/2012 for my first oil change and nothing was said then............How quick does the dealerships get these bullitens??........Thanks...........Caper.........

The service advisor told me it was a recall.........while I was in the waiting room. I guess he don't know the differance then....I notice in your info................it's dated Jan 28 2012.........I was in late Feb/2012 for my first oil change and nothing was said then............How quick does the dealerships get these bullitens??........Thanks...........Caper.........

Usually a couple of weeks before they get to us. If it was a recall. you get a letter in the mail. RRTs they just catch when your in for service

Edited by Moparman

• 3 weeks later...

Along these same lines I am wondering about a rough idle while the Journey is in Drive and I am sitting at a light. Seems to run real rough when the fan kicks on for the radiator (temp gauge goes to about half way up). Also, when coast up hill and I get to around 35 mph (foot off teh accel.) A/C on, the engine dips 300-500 rpms and it seems like the transmission shifted into a lower gear too soon. I feels like the idle is off when accesories are on. It happens regardless of slowing up on an incline or decline.

Would this be the Harmonic balancer issue or and TSB or RRT issue. I took it to a chrysler dealer, which pretty much ignored me. Here is the last 10 of the VIN G0CT170073

• 2 months later...

I just got my journey r/t last august 10 . How can i know when it was built? Is there a place in the vehicle where i can find when it was built! I wanna know how long it was in the dealers yard before i got it!

Label attached to the drivers door has M(month) D(day) H(hour).

• Official Dodge Support

Well went to the dealer today for a oil change and filter....along with the programmed TIMP Sales Code for the trailer wiring to be active....And the service guy told me about a recall he can do today also that may cause the Engine light to come on.....(He said he ran my VIN #)

Checked the invoice when I was done and it's listed as a "Rapid Response1"

Correction:.....Performed Rapid Response.......

Anybody have this issue and know more about this recall?

Thanks......

2012 Jourmey R/T AWD 3.6 VVT. Canadian issue.........thanks again....

......Caper........

caperinmuskoka,

Moparman is correct.

A Rapid Response Transmittal (RRT) is an action-type inter-company correspondence on an involved vehicle model that is either shipped or unshipped to the consumers, and is discovered to have a possible concern.

The notifications contain repair procedures, photos or diagrams and other related information.

They are not sent out to customers like a recall, and again, as Moparman said, are not common.

Every time in to your dealer, they should be checking for anything updates of this nature and completing them.

• Official Dodge Support

I just got my journey r/t last august 10 . How can i know when it was built? Is there a place in the vehicle where i can find when it was built! I wanna know how long it was in the dealers yard before i got it!

Chris1276,

The label is located on the driver-side door shut-face and provides the following information:

• Month and year of vehicle manufacture.

• Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR).

The gross front and rear axle weight ratings (GAWR's) are based on a minimum rim size and maximum cold tire inflation pressure.

• Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

• Type of vehicle.

• Type of rear wheels.

• Bar code.

• Month, Day and Hour (MDH) of final assembly.

• Paint and Trim codes.

• Country of origin.

See the example below for where to look.

Have a great day!

post-6208-0-44080700-1347387897_thumb.jp