Insurance Costs

I gave the VIN to my Insurance today. They called me back with a quote. It's going to be $3 a month more than it was to insure my 2002 Toyota Camry, that's with adding replacement costs. THAT'S GREAT!!!

ours is really good too, actually better than my 2001 F150. I have been driving for 27 years with no fault insurance.

Rob

I believe that there is a trend here, my insurance is not much higher and I added some extras to my policy......Of course my son will be 16 in a year and a half, so I am sure it will go through the roof!! I have 22 years behind me without EVER putting in a claim.

Oh well, I can enjoy low rates for a little longer.

Rick.

I believe that there is a trend here, my insurance is not much higher and I added some extras to my policy......Of course my son will be 16 in a year and a half, so I am sure it will go through the roof!! I have 22 years behind me without EVER putting in a claim.

Oh well, I can enjoy low rates for a little longer.

Rick.

hey Rick, at least I have 5 more years on ya :hysterical: hmmmm what else in common, how about a son coming up to driving age as well, weird hey?

Rob

I was pleasantly surprised on the insurance cost. It isn't the cheapest but not too bad. We have pretty good coverage and it is about ~$392 per 6 months thru State Farm.

That's in Chicago proper with a 2nd car discount and good driving records.

Might be hard for you to relate if you don't live in Chicago but that is a decent rate.

• 3 weeks later...
I was pleasantly surprised on the insurance cost. It isn't the cheapest but not too bad. We have pretty good coverage and it is about ~$392 per 6 months thru State Farm.

That's in Chicago proper with a 2nd car discount and good driving records.

Might be hard for you to relate if you don't live in Chicago but that is a decent rate.

We have 2 drivers under 25 and will have 3 in another year or so

Our quote for our New (Almost here) Journey is $979 (I think) every 6 months

We have 2 drivers under 25 and will have 3 in another year or so

Our quote for our New (Almost here) Journey is $979 (I think) every 6 months

I had a nice surprise from my insurance broker this afternoon, received a call since they received the info on the journey from my dealer and I asked them how would my premiums be compared to the Caliber, after 10 mins I got a call to find out it would be less then what Im paying for my 07 Caliber, that based on an RT model, which Im getting and SXT.

I will pay $140 more per six months when I remove the 1996 Nissan Quest and replace it with the 2009 Dodge Journey, both full Collision and Comprehensive coverage with $250 Deductible. Considering the replacement cost of the new vehicle is 10x or more than the one it's replacing on the policy, that seems pretty reasonable.

• 4 years later...

I believe Progressive has a similar device. On first blush, "Hey, great! I can save some major dinero!" , but,... Where does it stop?

Edited by me... I'm about sick of "people" poking, prodding and regulating how I want to live to fit some "idea" (theirs) of what is ideal. This rates right up there with that group. I had a big diatribe typed in, but, deleted it to avoid the politics :gang:

As for cost...mine went down a bit with the '13 Journey replacing an '08 Jeep Hemi Commander Limited. Less than $400 / year for the Journey.

I don't want or need "big brother" looking over my shoulder even if it is only an "insurance company". That's why I did not even consider Progressive. My driving record speaks for itself, thank you very much. No accidents in over 30 years of driving and only one minor speeding violation in the past 24 months - before that it had been over 10 years.

That said our insurance costs are about ~$650 every 6 months - my '06 Ram is less (~$400) - both full coverage.