AWD matching tread depth?

seuadr

Hi,

I've searched the manual and scoured the web (perhaps with the wrong search terms?) for this... When i try to search here the website just crashes over and over so i will just ask - what tread depth  is "ok" for a replacement tire on the AWD? For instance, subaru says as long as it is within 2/32nds the replacement tire is not going to create any issues with the AWD system.

I am sure that dodge has a similar specification, but i have yet to find a specific number.

Thanks,

Jared

21 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

your best info would come from the dodge dealership,good luck with what ever you find out.....

Thanks, i tried a couple dealerships that were more than happy to sell and install 4 new tires, but none of them had any clue about depth. I ask because the current tires are between 8 and 9 32nds and as far as i know new tires are 10/32nds so, theoretically i may be able to just replace the one tire.

i assuming you have the 17 tires, try going with a used tire we have shops that have 3/4 tread ($45) and 1/2 tread ($35) mounted and balanced i have bought both at times for my daughters mail vehicle with no problems. or take the chance and go new....good luck