Ive come across an issue with my nav screen on my uconnect constantly rebooting.

It'll display the garmin logo followed by ctp2012 and copyright info. Then a black screen and the process repeats.

Ive tried and successfully applied the 2 updates available on the uconnect website. However this has not solved the problem.

My closest dealer is over 2 hours away. So any remote help is appreciated and the car is out of its warranty period.

can supply a screenshot of the dealer mode screen for HWid etc if required, however theres no factory reset in there or anything.

I was going to extol the virtues of an extended warranty because the fact that your vehicle is out of warranty didn't show on the 'unread topics' page.

About the only thing I might suggest is that your unit may not actually be broken, but MIGHT simply have corrupt maps and that updating the firmware in that case will do nothing to fix it.  You would need to reload the maps to try and that is something of a job to organise from scratch - the thread about fixing the 'can't unlock maps' problem does not work for the older radios like yours.

Maybe there's someone here who purchased a map update for their 2012 who would let you have their DVD (or a copy of their DVD) to try a reload, because buying the disk ($160) is not going to be pleasant if it doesn't fix the problem.  Your dealer will be even more expensive and he knows about as much about the system as you do.

• 5 years later...

I've run across a similar issue with a radio I got from Infotainment.com. It isn't constantly rebooting but it does it intermittently. I haven't tested the navigation on a drive yet but I suspect this will interrupt it in the middle of the drive. I made Infotainment aware of the issue and they sent me a list of procedures that I seriously doubt will solve the issue being I just installed the radio yesterday. Garmin Express tells me the software is up-to-date, CTP17 ver. 7.09. Is there a way to get the software using the serial number instead of my VIN# so I can try reinstalling it? Being this is not the radio that was originally in the car the VIN# won't do any good. I ordered the map update for 2020 since the maps listed in the radio are dated 2016. I'll install the map update when it is delivered and see if that works, otherwise I'll have to take this up with Infotainment. Oh joy! LOL

Edited by Spektyr
Correction