Wireing???

EWHerbie

I am installing a trailer hitch. Auto zone sold me a plug in wire mount and said their should be a 8 plug under the spare it will plug into. i can't find it. Any help would be appr.

Well, the guys at Autozone are a little off. On Journey's that were not equipped with the towing prep group, there is no wiring for a trailer and no external oil cooler. Journey's that have the towing prep group (external oil cooler) come with a 4 pin blade wiring kit but it is not installed and is in the storage area where the jack is. Dodge does offer a full 8 pin round trailer wiring kit but it involves running the wiring clear up to the engine compartment. Since the towing capacity of the Journey is 3500lbs, the need for wiring for trailer brakes is pretty rare. But there are a couple of people on this forum that do tow a pretty good size trailer.

I talked to a trailer store today, they are going to install the four pin for $80. Autozone took back the wire kit with no problem. I installed the trailer hitch from Curtis Hitch today. It was fairly easy, except the muffler hangers wow what a pain. Thanks for all the help.