turn signal malfunction

2xRustler

I have a 2014 SXT with LED Tail lights. I installed a Curt hitch and wire harness last summer. Everything worked fine. I mostly use the hitch for a basket or other accessories. The harness worked fine when I towed with it this spring.

I got home this afternoon in my Focus and noticed the right rear turn signal bulb was lit on the DJ. The DJ had not been touched today. I got in the DJ and turned on the flashers, The light never went out but got brighter when it blinked. I took the tail light assembly off because I was going to pull the bulb. I decided to disconnect the T-connector and plug the factory harness into the bulb. After this, the light acted normally. The problem has to be in the T-connector and/or converter which is all one unit. The fuse is not blown and all connections seem to be ok. I have not had any to dig further. Does anyone have any suggestions about where to start?

I used the Mopar harness. This harness has a series of Relays wired into it. Does the Curt harness have any relays?

No relays, there is a fuse on the power wire. The harness has the connectors for the the tail lights and turn signals to piggyback onto the signals from those circuits. There is a little black box (converter) that is powered by the power wire and converts the separate turn and tail lights (5 wires) into 4 wires for the trailer, and supplies power for the trailer lights. It appears that the converter is malfunctioning and sending all the power to the right turn signal circuit. `

The converter is in fact bad. I wired in a new one and everything works as it should. It appears that sometimes the internal wiring will go bad and send all power to one bulb. The fuse won't blow because there is only the draw from one bulb which is not enough to overload the circuit.