Rims Size???

tj021

post-1113-1253664815_thumb.jpg

I'm looking to put 20" rims on my Journey and everyone I talk to says the rim size that comes up (20x9) is to wide and will rub. Does anyone know what size rim(20x7.5,20x8,20x8.5) I can put on it and what size tire would work best(245/45-20)? And what offset I should use? Any advice would be helpful since it doesnt look like the rim shops in my area know much

• 1 month later...
post-1113-1253664815_thumb.jpg

I'm looking to put 20" rims on my Journey and everyone I talk to says the rim size that comes up (20x9) is to wide and will rub. Does anyone know what size rim(20x7.5,20x8,20x8.5) I can put on it and what size tire would work best(245/45-20)? And what offset I should use? Any advice would be helpful since it doesnt look like the rim shops in my area know much

You can do 20s no prob. I've got some on order now. You have to be a little careful with the with the wheel width and don't go any wider than 8.5" to make sure they don't rub.

Offset: +35mm

Backspacing: 6.14"

Bolt Pattern: 5-127

Rec. 20" Tire Size: 245/45-20

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I need the torque also, but I do know that I have to spend a buck or 25 on the Hanes manual, sold at autozone. This manual is a god send to the average backyard mechanic like most of us. It will have all the torque specs and much more info that is needed by folks like us. I have had one for every single vehicle I have owned and now have to buy one for this one, I am just short on cash till next payday lol. BTW, the rims 20x8.5 with +35offset and 5x127 bolt pattern is a good fit, that is what I will be getting next year this time or sooner. Check out wheelsnext.com for a descent selection of wheels that will fit the journey, just type in your year and model and the ones selected will fit, but I double check the offset and bolt pattern always just to be safe.

I just recently tried to purchase from wheelsnext.com, it was tough and a pain in the butt. I live in europe and would call then and call them to make sure they had what I wanted in stock, because I didn't want to wait 6-8 weeks just for them to get in the rims I wanted. I found my Helo 868's on tire rack, you can check them out, my journey is an '09 Inferno red.

Take your time on your wheel purchase.

• 5 months later...