Want to change Uconnect to Android system

I m pretty a bit cranky with Uconnect 8.4N. it was updated recently. I notice that I dislike is Navigation Map Garmin is look so cheap texture, and not very fully detail textures, very fairly 3D, horrible some color. too plain color as grey, blue, green. not indicate tall building 3D. eventually very annoying is Map Update Notice "28 days" or "1 year". I did put all of full update through Uconnect website.

I like to see a very nice looking garmin map with nice color, 3D builiding. or much more details. I m surprise that is not much update in this system to change a much better looking.

I am thinking to ripped out Uconnect 8.4N changed to Android Navigation System. it s awesome high quality resolutions, eventually work with SMS messaging through bluetooth. and much more..

I am not certain if it s great thought or bad thought about change into Android system?

Just glue a tablet to the dash in front of the existing screen.

You may not like the uConnect system, but it has been rated as the best and most intuitive infotainment system on the market. And uConnect supports messaging with my phones.

Edited by bramfrank

I am in hopes that either Android or Apple Play can be retrofitted to our existing radios. It seems it would be simple to swap out the existing radio box, if the software can not be updated. Time will tell.

You could always use your phone with Google Maps or Waze, and just skip the built in Nav.

Uconnect is still not up to speed for messaging with iOS. What are they waiting for? It may be easy to use, but it is no where up to date IMHO.

Edited by dhh3