Square lights, round hole?

So, what I did was....

Purchased brackets off Ebay, meant to allow you to install Ridgid Industries Dually fog lights in a Jeep jk bumper.

s_l300_1.jpg

Seeing as the foglights are the same over several models, I found some nice clear pictures of the backside of the Journey's foglights on, I believe Paul's travel pictures (?), and managed to confirm they are the same.

Dodge_Journey_Fog_Light_Bulbs_Replacemen

Now, I had four of these lights sitting in my garage, they were meant to go on my Jeep, that we traded in for the Journey, and I didn't want them to go to waste.

I had already tried making a license plate bracket, but they stuck out like a sore thumb.

They lights I have are not Rigid Dually's, but a similar knock-off from Ebay that I got a set of four for cheap, and since the mounting brackets are different, I found a knock-off bracket on Ebay that looked like it would work. (Rigid's mounting brackets are low on the light, while my light's brackets are in the middle.)

Upon arrival, I test fit my lights to the brackets, but they didn't fit, as the opening was a tad to small, but nothing a few minutes with a file couldn't fix.

Once the brackets were filed down, lights fit into the brackets perfectly, and I compared them to another set of factory fogs I had, and the mounting depth also looked right.

First step was to pull back the fender liners, I recommend, and glad I did, to start on the driver's side, room is at a premium with the battery box being right there. It was tough getting the bolts out, especially the top one closest to the inside of the car, but finally got them out. I decided to only use two bolts, the bottom two, when I put the new lights in, and figured, my Jeep fogs were only held in by two bolts , so why not.

Once I got them in, I cut off the factory plugs, and connected the new lights to the existing fog harness, and voila, done!

20160402_113946.jpg

20160402_132643_1.jpg

20160402_132746_1.jpg

Edited by Steve_T