journey will only start for a few seconds

I pulled my 2008 journey 3.5 into the garage yesterday. The starter needed replaced, so I unhooked the battery and changed it. Hooked the battery back up, and it fired right up. It ran for about 10 seconds then the throttle started surging. No it will only run for a few seconds. I an getting p0032, p0038,p0052, and p0058 codes. A code for the heater circuit high on all 4 o2 sensors. Don't know why these would keep it from running. Checked all my connections, cleaned battery connection and grounds. Also tried running a new ground, with no luck. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

If you had disconnected the positive first, you run the risk of frying the electronics.

I'll word it another way. Do you have to push the brake pedal in order to start the car? On my 2011 Nitro and my 2014 DJ I have to push the brake pedal before it will start, even if they were in Park. Is your 2009 DJ like this?

Edited by dhh3

I didn't have to before. I've had it running since. It was just start and stall. It got to the point where it would start right up and run fine, or it might just shut back off. I believe the whole starter thing was just a coincidence. I had a check engine light for all four of the o2 sensor heaters, output high. Also the oil light came on, which had never been on before. The o2 sensor heaters ground through the pcm. Check engine light will not shut off even after the codes are read. Immediately throws trouble codes again. I checked all the grounds, battery voltage is good, opened the harness up and all the wiring looks good. I'm suspecting a bad pcm, I'm putting one in and hauling to the dealership for reprogramming. I believe and was told by the dealership(who you can't always trust) that the skim security system is programmed into the pcm to, not just the body control module. I'm scared to try it and lock the security up.

There is a Member here, ultranuts, that bought a programmer that can get into the DJs electronics. PM him. He might be able to help you. I know little or nothing about the electronics in my DJ. That is why I purchased an extended warranty. I do not even know if it runs on High or Low Speed Bus.

My Degree in Electronics can help me trouble shoot something in my mind, as to how a circuit may work, but I need to know what specific parts are on the circuit. I had my Nitro pretty much figured out, but I know nothing about my DJ. Some things may work the same way, between the two vehicles, but so far, I have had no issues with my DJ, so I am not aware of any similarities yet. Sorry.

Edited by dhh3

Ok, thanks for the input. My diagnosis is the computer. Oxygen sensor heaters are grounded and regulated through the pcm. All 4 will 0xygen sensor heater circuit high output codes come up. Won't go away when cleared, also the low oil pressure light which I've never had before (yes it's full). Which all run to the same connector on the pcm. Went thru wiring harness and all looked great. Dealer is programming my new ecu today. If thar doesn't work, I'll contact ultranuts Thank you for the help.

Edited by DirtyJourney

You are very right, wierd things do happen to the DJ. I have a pretty heavy mechanical background, but the DJ has thrown a few diagnosis problems at me. Pretty easy to work on tho, as far as engine bay space and everything. I told the tech that did my programming at the my problems, and diagnosis. He said I was correct, he had seen it many times before. Just glad that it is fixed and running good. Ran a full system scan with my new genisys evo scan system, and everything is clear. Thanks!