After Market Third Row?

memomunoz

Hello,

I live in Canada and I got a R/T AWD three months ago and we are happy with it so far. We are also excited waiting for the winter to see how the AWD does on the snow.

The only thing we don't have and we realized we should have gotten is the third row seat option. Dodge does not offer this an I've been looking for any aftermarket option, but I have not found any.

Does anyone knows where to get or has installed the third row seat?

Is even possible??

Thanks!!

Memo

I think it will be difficult! You don't have the seatbelt, I don't think that the floor is the same in the cargo area, you don't have the second row that lift to give access to the rear, the plastic trims are not the same in the cargo area... I think it is too much work and it will be very expensive!

Something else to consider is the second row seating. On Journeys that have a factory installed third row seat the second row seats fold-up to allow access to the third row seating. I guess you could fold flat the second row seats, but it would be kinda tough climb over them. The $930 for the third row seating is actually quite a deal since it gets you not only the third row seating, and the folding second row but also rear A/C!

And as Sam mentioned the plastic panels in the rear are different, my SXT has only 5 passenger seating, and as a result the passenger side panel doesn't cover the entire right side. For some unknown reason this panel has a cubby hole at the right rear which is great for storage, but I'm not sure why it's different from the 7 passenger model.

I discovered something today, while installing my new seat covers (see photo section) I removed the drivers side rear seat to help fasten the seat cover under the seat. That's when I discovered the even though I have the five passenger seating (which means the second row does not fold up like the seven passenger model) the mechanism for this fold up feature is actually installed. The latch is there, but the cable is missing to release it when you would want to slide it forward to access the rear seating. Now this doesn't do much for most of us, but as the original poster is looking to add a third row seat, it wouldn't be too difficult to add the cable to make the seat fold up like the seven passenger model would!

• 9 months later...

My neightbor has the 7 seater and I have the 5 seater. If you can find a busted up Journey with the 7 seats you *CAN* easily swap the moulding, rails and seatbelts. All the connections are there but the 5 seater trim doesn't give access.

I'm currently searching junkyards for busted up Journeys but with no success. I know it can be done, just have to have the pieces.