Transmission Shifting

On another post on here it states that there is possibly a firmware update for the tranny shifting, does anyone know about this?

I just got my 2009 Journey SXT AWD Brilliant Black Journey and i took a trip over a pass here in Washington state and as it did 70 over the pass it seemed to want to keep shifting and wouldnt hold the speed.

When i am on the streets it seems to shutter or vibrate a little and am wondering if anyone else is getting this and if this can be programmed and fixed? :banghead:

• 6 months later...

On another post on here it states that there is possibly a firmware update for the tranny shifting, does anyone know about this?

I just got my 2009 Journey SXT AWD Brilliant Black Journey and i took a trip over a pass here in Washington state and as it did 70 over the pass it seemed to want to keep shifting and wouldnt hold the speed.

When i am on the streets it seems to shutter or vibrate a little and am wondering if anyone else is getting this and if this can be programmed and fixed? :banghead:

I noticed that you wrote this quite a while ago but I'm experiencing the same phenomenon in my 2009 R/T. Did you ever find a solution?

I noticed that you wrote this quite a while ago but I'm experiencing the same phenomenon in my 2009 R/T. Did you ever find a solution?

SAME HERE. HAD AN IDIOT FROM CHRYSLER MEET ME AT THE DEALER, HE WENT FOR A RIDE WITH ME AND TOLD ME IT WAS DESIGNED THAT WAY TO SAVE GAS. WHAT A F**KING JOKE!! MINE SHIFTS HARD FROM 2ND TO 3RD AND ON HWYS SEEMS TO SHIFT IN AND OUT OF GEAR AND WILL NOT KEEP SPEED WITHOUT PUSHING THE GAS REPEATEDLY CAUSING A HEAD JERKING SHIFT. GET USED TO IT THEY WON'T ADMIT SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Hey Guys. Just got my Journey back from the dealer. Had it in for some body repair after a school bus backed onto my hood. Anywho, while there I told service that my tranny was shifting a little rough 1st to 2nd. They reflashed the tranny computer and now it has smooth shifting from 1 - 6. On the invoice it says they updated the flash. Mind you I have a 2010 sxt but I think its the same transmission as yours. Might be worth it to ask your service person and if they shoot you down go somewhere else. Good luck.

• 5 months later...