Switch climate control with myGig stereo

I think you can not swap them. The climate controls are in two pieces, it is not one piece like the radio.If you look at the picture, the rear climate control is one piece and the front climate controls are another piece (the piece includes the screen and the two buttons).

• 4 weeks later...
I think you can not swap them. The climate controls are in two pieces, it is not one piece like the radio.If you look at the picture, the rear climate control is one piece and the front climate controls are another piece (the piece includes the screen and the two buttons).

I am going to have to try this. I think that the climate contol unit may look like two pieces, but are joined by a common faceplate. The only problem I may run into is the depth of the DVD player. Did anyone try to do this? Just want to know before I rip into my wifes Journey.

Looking at the pic installation viteo, I'd say no easy swap.

you can't , well from what i see for now ... i already pulled out the central part ... climate control is one piece about 2 inches deep ( 3 zone ATC ) and absolutely nothing behind it : big empty hole ... on the bottom there is some rails so you can slide the radio in ... there is nothing like this for the climate control ... if you pull the central piece , the climate controls come with it .. and you have two connectors to unplug : one for the climate control and the other one for all the button above ( eps button , heated seat .. etc ).... no easy modding here ...

anyway .. i need to remove it again for my custom GPS screen and back up camera .... i will have more time to look at it and figure if something can be done... i don't remember if the rails can be moved.

if you need to hide stuff .. thats one of a hell spot ... lol :)))

Climate control in one piece! Good to know! Is the wiring long enough to do the swap?

For the climate control yes , there are long enough. Don't know for the Radio i didn't need to unplug it for my mod. Now in the picture burtdidit posted above, you can see the 3 zone automatic climate control. The black trim you see between the front and rear control is part of the central piece. So if you want to fit the radio in there you will have to cut it.

like i said i need to remove the central piece again ... so i will try to snap to picture and post them here maybe tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...
you can't , well from what i see for now ... i already pulled out the central part ... climate control is one piece about 2 inches deep ( 3 zone ATC ) and absolutely nothing behind it : big empty hole ... on the bottom there is some rails so you can slide the radio in ... there is nothing like this for the climate control ... if you pull the central piece , the climate controls come with it .. and you have two connectors to unplug : one for the climate control and the other one for all the button above ( eps button , heated seat .. etc ).... no easy modding here ...

anyway .. i need to remove it again for my custom GPS screen and back up camera .... i will have more time to look at it and figure if something can be done... i don't remember if the rails can be moved.

if you need to hide stuff .. thats one of a hell spot ... lol :)))

Burn, what custom GPS are you talkin about? You make it yourself or find it somewhere? Just wondering, I haven't found anything out there yet to make the GPS look factory.

• 1 year later...